Plugable USB 3.0 to Ethernet Gigabit 10/100/1000 LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Linux, OS X/macOS, Switch Game Console, Chrome OS)
Super Savings Item! Save 34% on the Plugable USB 3.0 to Ethernet Gigabit 10/100/1000 LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88179 chipset, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, Linux, OS X/macOS, Switch Game Console, Chrome OS) by Plugable at Free For Hosting. MPN: USB3-E1000. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. The Plugable USB3-E1000 is an easy way to gain wired gigabit network speeds for faster HD video streaming, gaming, web browsing, network storage and
Common uses include adding wired gigabit network support to Macbooks, UltraBooks, or notebooks with no Ethernet connection, or replacing or upgrading network adapters in desktop PCs. USB network adapters can improve speeds vs. older 10/100 adapters and wireless networks. Also useful for adding network interfaces, and transferring files peer-to-peer over Ethernet. This product is NOT a solution for connecting a USB device like a printer to a network.
Plug into any laptop or desktop currently limited to 10/100 Ethernet, and benefit from faster transfers on your Gigabit Ethernet network. USB 3.0 systems support theoretical speeds up to 5Gbps and USB 2.0 supports up to 480Mbps. In practice, most machines will see up to a doubling of network speed by moving from 100Mbps Fast Ethernet to 1000Mbps Gigabit ethernet via USB 2.0, and could see more than twice that gain on USB 3.0. Also works on 10/100 Ethernet networks at their native speeds.
Microsoft signed 32/64-bit drivers for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP. Not compatible with ARM-based Windows RT systems (MS Surface, Asus ASUS VivoTab RT). macOS 10.6 - 10.13.x. Linux kernels 3.9 and later includes driver (3.8 and earlier require rebuild of kernel module from source). Not compatible with Android tablets, Tivo Series 2, Wii or other non-PC/Mac platforms. See the Plugable USB2-E100 for an adapter compatible with these.
Features & Highlights
- Upgrade to wired gigabit speeds via USB. Fastest USB 3.0 + Gigabit solution. See product details.
- Automatic driver installation via Windows Update on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and XP
- macOS driver download available for 10.6 - 10.13.x and newer (system restart required). Functionality built into Linux kernel from 3.9 onward (compile required for 2.6 - 3.8). Compatible with Nintendo Switch when using the dock or in handheld mode with compliant USB-C to A solution.
- Not limited by USB 2.0 bandwidth. Practical speeds over 600Mbps on USB 3.0 and Gigabit network. Not recommended for use with Lenovo Yoga 2 or 3 due to issues with their USB 3.0 controllers. IPv4/IPv6 checksum offload engine, crossover detection and auto-correction, TCP large send offload and IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet. Max 4K jumbo frames.
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.
|Item Weight:||0.24 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.08 x 4.3 x 4.3 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.31 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.41 x 1.1 x 1.1 inches|